Sewing Agile Fabrics Hybrid and Pure Silicones
Sewing Agile Fabrics
Hybrid and Pure Silicones
Silicone and Hybrid Silicone Upholstery Fabrics are the ultimate in coated-fabric technology. We recommend using the following commercial sewing procedures:
- 6 stitches or 7 stitches per inch
- Size 30 thread with a #18 needle (see picture 2) or
- 3. Size 20 thread with a #19 needle
- Nylon, Polyester, Nomex, or Kevlar thread
- Needle should be Schemtz SD1 Series (or equal) for sewing
- Or a #19 – D1 Series (or equal) suitable for wire pressing process
- Add a lock stitch to protect sewing
- Make sure timing on sewing machine is calibrated otherwise it will cause needle drag on the way out of the hole.
- Avoid machines with sharp edges on pressor foot, it will cut the fabric.